This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win $150 Cash For Making 2 Posts In The Next 10 Days

NOTE: TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE SITE.

THE GRAND PRIZE: We are giving away $100 cash as the grand prize.

THE CONTEST: The contest begins immediately and runs for 10 days, ending at midnight Mountain Standard Time on Monday 6/17/19.

ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the contest you simply need to start 1 “New Topic” and make 1 “Post Reply” to a topic created by another user. Both posts must be made in the “Tiny House Forum Local” or the “Tiny House Forum Global” sections. That would be a total of 2 posts (1 New topic and 1 Post Reply) over the 10-day contest. It is highly recommended, but not required, that you post in the state you are from if posting to the “Tiny House Forum Local” section or in the country you are from if posting to the “Tiny House Forum Global” section. The video tutorial included in this post will further clarify these requirements in case there is any confusion regarding "New Topic" vs. "Post Reply".

TERMS: In order for a post to count toward your total post count it must contain a minimum of 30 words and must be relevant to the topic being discussed. Or, if you post a "New Topic" it must be relevant to the area of the site where you are posting it. Any posts that do not meet these criteria will not be counted as 1 of the 2 required posts.

THE BONUS PRIZE: If you win the grand prize you will also be eligible for an additional $50 cash if you have completed your profile on Tiny House Forum. In order for your profile to be considered complete you must have the following items of your profile filled in: Date of Birth, Biography (minimum 100 words), Location, Interests, Occupation and an Avatar. To update the text fields of your profile simply click on your username at the top of the page and select "User Settings" from the pull-down menu which will open your "Profile" tab where you can edit your user profile. To update your Avatar simply click on your username at the top of the page and select "My Profile". From there just hover over the Avatar field and you will be presented with an option to upload your Avatar.

WINNER SELECTION: On Monday 6/17/19 we will export a list of all users who have met the minimum post requirement of posting 1 “New Topic” and 1 “Post Reply” to an existing topic in either the “Tiny House Forum Local” or the “Tiny House Forum Global” sections. Let's assume there are 100 members that meet the criteria. Each member will be assigned a number from 1-100. We will use Google's Random Number Generator to select a winner. Again, let's assume there are 100 members eligible for the contest. We will enter a range from 1 to 100 and click "generate". The random number that is generated by Google will then be cross-referenced against the list of eligible participants in order to identify the winner.

WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: At 1:00 PM MST on Tuesday 6/18/19 we will announce the winner of the contest.

NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified via e-mail and the winner's username will be posted to the forum on Tuesday 6/18/19.

SUGGESTED TOPICS FOR POSTING: You can post anything relevant to this forum as your 2 posts however I thought I’d throw out a few suggestions. For anyone who’s having a hard time coming up with posting ideas here are a few:
    • Just say hello and let everyone know what part of the state you’re from.
    • Let everyone know what aspect of the tiny house movement interests you the most.
    • Talk about what you hope to get out of being an active member of this forum.
    • Address any issues that you may be having that would be considered “local” issues.
    • Tell us your current tiny house status. Are you living in one or still researching?
    Those are just a few suggested topics for anyone having a case of writer’s block. By all means please discuss whatever it is that you feel like talking about in your local forum.

VIDEO TUTORIAL: Please watch the following video tutorial on posting a “New Topic” and the “Post Reply” button to reply to an existing topic. The video also contains additional information that may clarify any questions you may have about the contest so please watch it in its entirety.

QUESTIONS: After reading this post and watching the video if you still have questions regarding the contest or how to post please feel free to ask them here in this topic and we’ll respond right away.

Good luck to everyone participating in the contest!

NOTE: TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE SITE.

Not finding the United States in the Global Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by oldstnick View Post
      Not finding the United States in the Global Forum.
      The “Tiny House Forum Local” section covers all 50 states in the U.S., therefore there is no need to have the "United States" in the “Tiny House Forum Global” section as it would be redundant. Is there a particular reason why you would want or expect to see the "United States" in the “Tiny House Forum Global” section when all 50 U.S. states are already covered in the “Tiny House Forum Local” section?

Comment

Misread the instructions and thought I needed one post in each of Local and Global categories. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by oldstnick View Post
          Misread the instructions and thought I needed one post in each of Local and Global categories. My bad.
          I apologize if my instructions above were unclear. Let me take a moment to clarify just in case there's any confusion related to this issue:

1. If you are from the United States it is recommended that you make your 2 posts in the “Tiny House Forum Local” section for your particular state. Although it is recommended to make your 2 posts in the state you reside in it is not a requirement for the contest as long as both posts are made somewhere in the “Tiny House Forum Local” section.

2. If you are not from the United States it is recommended that you make your 2 posts in the “Tiny House Forum Global” section for your particular country. Although it is recommended to make your 2 posts in the country you reside in it is not a requirement for the contest as long as both posts are made somewhere in the “Tiny House Forum Global” section. If your country is not currently listed in the “Tiny House Forum Global” simply request it be added by going here: Request Your Country.

Comment

Thank you Tiny House Forum for this great new contest opportunity!
            Thanks for listening & responding to feedback after the first contest. I really think this one fits the bill & it looks like the Forum is already getting more traffic just in the first day!
            Thanks too for bringing the THF Local section to our attention - I never even noticed it bfor!
            And finally, if you include a teaching element in each contest - like the video which helped us all better use the post & reply tools - I think that can add a goal & achieve it each time = educating your membership! Personally, even after 50+ posts, I had not figured out the quote tool but used it today several times.

Comment

Originally posted by Betsy-TinyCircles View Post
              Thank you Tiny House Forum for this great new contest opportunity!
              Thanks for listening & responding to feedback after the first contest. I really think this one fits the bill & it looks like the Forum is already getting more traffic just in the first day!
              Thanks too for bringing the THF Local section to our attention - I never even noticed it bfor!
              And finally, if you include a teaching element in each contest - like the video which helped us all better use the post & reply tools - I think that can add a goal & achieve it each time = educating your membership! Personally, even after 50+ posts, I had not figured out the quote tool but used it today several times.
              I'm glad you're happy with the format of this contest. I hope others will also find it more appealing than the previous one. That's great you were able to take advantage of the “quoting” feature pointed out in the video. I've been wanting to do some video tutorials on several different features of the site but it's just a matter of finding the time to do so. Now that I know people find it to be useful I'll place a higher priority on putting together more video tutorials demonstrating various features of the site. I have a number of ideas in mind but thought I'd ask if there was anything in particular you (anyone else feel free to weigh-in here as well) would like to see demonstrated in a video tutorial.

Comment

Thank you for this opportunity! My husband and I went to a Tiny House event in Colorado Springs a few years ago and we saw the most amazing tiny houses. I’d love to own one some day.

Comment

Originally posted by TommieAFlo79 View Post
                  Thank you for this opportunity! My husband and I went to a Tiny House event in Colorado Springs a few years ago and we saw the most amazing tiny houses. I’d love to own one some day.
                  Not sure if you're still in Colorado or not but next weekend we're having the 2019 Colorado Tiny House Festival in Brighton from June 21st to June 23rd and then later this summer we'll be having the 2019 People's Tiny House Festival in Fountain (Colorado Springs area) from August 2nd to August 4th. If you're still in the area you should take in one of these events, or even both of them.

Comment

Hi Chuck
                    I did my @new topic post in the local but you sent a message you had moved it. Does this post count toward the contest or no?

Comment

Thanks for the opportunity to win some money!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimom View Post
                        Hi Chuck
                        I did my @new topic post in the local but you sent a message you had moved it. Does this post count toward the contest or no?
                        Sorry, but that particular post would not count as a "Local" post for this contest. As I mentioned in the e-mail I sent you, I moved your original post from the "Local" sub forum to the "Tiny House On Foundation" sub forum because it wasn't really "Local" as it was a much broader issue that didn't really apply to the "Local" sub forum. That being said, just go ahead and start a New Topic in the "Local" sub forum that is more appropriate and applies locally rather than having a more general focus and you'll be good to go for the contest. Thanks for asking.

Comment

We are an older couple with SSI, but we embrace leaving a small footprint, what we probably can build (we are handicapped with age) is a teardrop (squaredrop). This is not technically a tiny house on wheels, but it'll do

Comment

Oh yeah, the teardrop will be "ground floor bedroom " with an outdoor kitchen, outdoor living room, and shower/outhouse.
                            Last edited by joannjoubert1; Yesterday, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Chuck, any chance you'll be creating a Local subforum for the District of Columbia?

Comment

Working...
                              X