No announcement yet.

Loft or Main Floor Bedroom?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really beginning to think that an "elevator bed" option is going to be the solution for my wife and I. It really addresses the "Loft or Main Floor Bedroom" question posed here and solves all the issues associated with a traditional loft style sleeping area.

Another member of the community, Anon E Mus 33 posted this video in the topic titled So many questions... At over 17 minutes, it's quite lengthy but definitely worth watching if you have the time. If you're in a hurry the portion featuring the "elevator bed" is only 35 seconds long and starts at 8:55 and ends at 9:30. Let us know your thoughts on something like this as a solution to the myriad of issues associated with traditional tiny house lofts. It really seems like the perfect solution and I see no down side to going this route. What do you think?

Comment

I still have to say that I prefer the ample amount of storage under a gorgeous Gypsy caravan bed or a beautiful shepherds hut bed is the bomb

Comment

I think we will probably go with the murphy bed concept. I had one when I lived in a studio apartment for years between marriages and it made cleaning so easy, and the cats had lots of levels to climb. I really loved that old murphy bed - it was an old metal spring style. My apartment was in an 1920s building and I had an old fashioned kitchen with a true ice box. A rarity for Los Angeles/Hollywood, and that building still exists. It was my first experience living tiny, and it was wonderful.

Comment

Working...
        X