No announcement yet.

Loft or Main Floor Bedroom?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=vicki-fl;n1121]I am rapidly approaching a level of disability that will prevent me from using stairs in any substantial fashion. I also need a truly luxurious sleeping chamber. I want room, frilly stuff, access. Hmm. I'm really going to have to

Hi Vicki, you may want to look into a Tiny Home built on a Gooseneck Trailer. We spent a 3 day weekend in one and really loved the bedroom. It was only 3 wide easy steps up from the main floor and had a ceiling height that allowed us to stand up and I’m 6’ tall. I have a bad back from 4 spine surgeries along with arthritis & fibromyalgia. My wife and I both felt this was a nice long term solution for us. An earlier post in this thread showed pictures of her Gooseneck Bedroom where her teenage son lives. Good luck with finding your Tiny Solution.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spiney;n1162]
      Originally posted by vicki-fl View Post
      I am rapidly approaching a level of disability that will prevent me from using stairs in any substantial fashion. I also need a truly luxurious sleeping chamber. I want room, frilly stuff, access. Hmm. I'm really going to have to

Hi Vicki, you may want to look into a Tiny Home built on a Gooseneck Trailer. We spent a 3 day weekend in one and really loved the bedroom. It was only 3 wide easy steps up from the main floor and had a ceiling height that allowed us to stand up and I’m 6’ tall. I have a bad back from 4 spine surgeries along with arthritis & fibromyalgia. My wife and I both felt this was a nice long term solution for us. An earlier post in this thread showed pictures of her Gooseneck Bedroom where her teenage son lives. Good luck with finding your Tiny Solution.
      I've seen some beautiful bedrooms in gooseneck trailers!

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie Steph View Post

I'm 42 years old and have always had knee issues.
        I have knee issues as well, and while sleeping in a loft is great for space (with lots of headroom), getting up and down stairs or a ladder would be difficult when my knee is acting up...

Comment

I'll add my thoughts about living in a tiny house all on one level - I love it! My tiny is 8x24sqft with 3 separate spaces - living rm/kitchen, bathrm as walk thru (w/ regular door on kitchen side & sliding barn door on bedroom side) & bedroom.
          it is a tiny bedroom but I'm living on my own & don't need even a double bed...twin size suits me fine.
          I'm having a murphey bed/hidden desk built w/ horizontal orientation so it fits along one wall. The hidden desk rises ready for use when bed is folded up & lowers when bed is open (it's under the bed). You leave your stuff on the desk - very convenient!. This bed/desk leaves space for a bedside table, tiny armoire, chair & basket for Xtra linens, etc...and room to move around! I'll post photos when the bed is done. Tiny closet (11"xabout 24") shares wall with barn door - I roll most of my clothes & store in several baskets (3 shelves), w/ room to hang up a few things & a laundry basket.

Comment

Originally posted by Betsy-TinyCircles View Post
            I'll add my thoughts about living in a tiny house all on one level - I love it! My tiny is 8x24sqft with 3 separate spaces - living rm/kitchen, bathrm as walk thru (w/ regular door on kitchen side & sliding barn door on bedroom side) & bedroom.
            it is a tiny bedroom but I'm living on my own & don't need even a double bed...twin size suits me fine.
            I'm having a murphey bed/hidden desk built w/ horizontal orientation so it fits along one wall. The hidden desk rises ready for use when bed is folded up & lowers when bed is open (it's under the bed). You leave your stuff on the desk - very convenient!. This bed/desk leaves space for a bedside table, tiny armoire, chair & basket for Xtra linens, etc...and room to move around! I'll post photos when the bed is done. Tiny closet (11"xabout 24") shares wall with barn door - I roll most of my clothes & store in several baskets (3 shelves), w/ room to hang up a few things & a laundry basket.
            I like the idea of a desk that hides away with everything still on it!

Comment

i think it is totally preference, We really do love our loft, it fits our king beds and is 12ft deep. which leaves alot of space on the downstairs. if you do a ground floor bedroom i would do a 10ft wide tiny house trailer and a deckover style so you have a much larger footprint

Comment

Working...
              X