Win $100 Just For Completing Your User Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win $100 Just For Completing Your User Profile

THE GRAND PRIZE: We are giving away $100 cash as the grand prize.

THE CONTEST: The contest begins immediately and runs for 10 days, ending at 8:00 PM Mountain Standard Time on Monday 7/1/19.

ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the contest you simply need to complete all the fields of your profile in accordance with the “Terms” below.

TERMS: In order to be eligible for the contest you must complete ALL fields of your profile with the exception of the “Website” field, assuming you don’t have one. You must also upload an avatar to your profile.

To update the text fields of your user profile simply click on your username at the top of the page and select "User Settings" from the pull-down menu which will open your "Profile" tab where you can edit your user profile. Complete the form and click the “Save Changes” button and your profile is updated. To update your Avatar simply click on your username at the top of the page and select "My Profile". From there just hover over the Avatar field and you will be presented with an option to upload your Avatar.

WINNER SELECTION: In order to be eligible for selection once you have completed your profile you must post in this topic that you have completed your profile and we will then check it for accuracy. If it is in fact complete, we will add your username to a running list of those who are eligible here in this topic. We will regularly update the list here in this topic throughout the period of this contest so that you may see other users who are eligible as well. If you complete your profile but fail to post in this topic that you have done so you will not be considered entered into the contest. In other words, unless your name is added to the running list of eligible participants here in this topic you will not be entered into the contest.

On Monday 7/1/19 at 8:00 PM Mountain Standard Time we will extract the running list of eligible participants from this topic thus ending the contest. We will then assign a number to each of the eligible participants and post that list to the site on either 7/1/19 or 7/2/19 depending on the size of the list. Let's assume there are 100 members that meet the criteria for the contest. Each member will be assigned a number from 1-100. We will use Google's Random Number Generator to select a winner. Again, let's assume there are 100 members eligible for the contest. We will enter a range from 1 to 100 and click "generate". The random number that is generated by Google will then be cross-referenced against the list of eligible participants already posted to the site in order to identify the winner.

WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: At 11:00 AM Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday 7/2/19 we will announce the winner of the contest here in this topic and an e-mail notification will be sent to the winner.

PAYMENT: Payment will be made immediately if the winner uses PayPal. If an alternative method of payment is desired by the winner, we will expedite payment via the winner’s preferred method.

QUESTIONS: After reading this post if you have any questions regarding the contest please feel free to ask them here in this topic and we’ll respond right away.

PS: My wife and I will be attending the Colorado Tiny House Festival this weekend 6/22 & 6/23 so I will have limited time available to monitor the forum during the festival however I will be checking in from my phone as time permits so please feel free to ask any questions but realize I may not be available to answer them immediately however rest assured they will be addressed as soon as possible.

NOTE: If you have not updated your profile as of 6/22/19 then it IS NOT complete as we have added several new profile fields in order to help build a stronger sense of community and connectedness here on the forum.

Regarding disclosure of your city in you user profile. If you have any particular concerns about privacy, perhaps because you live in a small town, simply enter the name of the next largest city near you. For example, if you live in the small town of Burbank, Ohio just 30 minutes outside of Cleveland and are uncomfortable with listing Burbank as your city you would be free to use Cleveland to maintain any required anonymity in Burbank. We just want users of the site to be able to have an idea of whether or not there are other users in their general area whom they may be able to connect with here on the forum.

Updated! Thanks Chuck. Have fun this weekend!!!!

Comment

Can't wait to hear about the festival! Have a wonderful time.

Comment

Updated and added to a little.

Comment

I'd admit you've shamed me into doing what I should have done when I joined. My only excuse is, building a homestead is hard focused work (for me) and I haven't really got the hang of being retired yet but I'm learning. As they all say the in the South... It'll come.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like my Profile is complete.

Comment

I got mine all updated!

Comment

Hope you & the Festival didn't get snowed out!
                I think my profile is updated & complete.

Comment

I'm already learning new things about those who have completed their profiles. Especially those with lengthy bio's, thank you! It's nice to get to know you all better and I hope completion of the user profiles helps to build a stronger sense of community as we all get to know each other better.

The following member profiles have been verified as complete and these members are officially entered into the contest:
                  • Betsy-TinyCircles
                  • gingervista
                  • greetz
                  • hazeltree17
                  • Saintmason
                  • TinyHouseGirl
                  We will continue to add usernames to this running list of those who have been officially entered into the contest as users post in this topic that they have completed their profiles. We will regularly update the list here in this topic throughout the period of this contest (most likely daily) so that you may see other users who are eligible as well. If your username does not appear in this running list you are not currently qualified to be entered into the contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Betsy-TinyCircles View Post
                    Hope you & the Festival didn't get snowed out!
                    I think my profile is updated & complete.
                    The weather at the Colorado Tiny House Festival was beautiful. The snow you most likely heard about on the news was in the mountains at elevations above 10,000 feet, whereas the event was held just outside of Denver closer to around 5,000 feet. And the event itself was incredible! So many different types of tiny houses, including tipis (or tepees if you prefer), yurts, gypsy wagons, van conversions, schoolies, container houses, tiny houses on wheels and more. Off the top of my head I'd have to say there had to be at least 50 different homes of various types to tour. And the turnout was incredible too, the tiny house movement is really making progress toward becoming more mainstream!

Comment

I think I'm all updated!

Comment

The following member profiles have been verified as complete and these members are officially entered into the contest:
                        • Betsy-TinyCircles
                        • gingervista
                        • greetz
                        • hazeltree17
                        • SmallHomeFamily
                        • Saintmason
                        • TinyHouseGirl
                        We will continue to add usernames to this running list of those who have been officially entered into the contest as users post in this topic that they have completed their profiles. We will regularly update the list here in this topic throughout the period of this contest (most likely daily) so that you may see other users who are eligible as well. If your username does not appear in this running list you are not currently qualified to be entered into the contest.

Comment

Profile Complete. Robin, Bonnie and Bonnie's daughter Kim did mention that they got to see you in Colorado at the Festival. Wish I could have been there but somebody's got to hold the fort down

Comment

Originally posted by Nanci View Post
                            Profile Complete. Robin, Bonnie and Bonnie's daughter Kim did mention that they got to see you in Colorado at the Festival. Wish I could have been there but somebody's got to hold the fort down
                            Yes, we spoke for about 20 minutes at the festival. All great people, it was nice to have an opportunity to meet with them. I'll get you added to the list of eligible contest entrants when I next update the list (most likely tomorrow).

Comment

I think ours is updated as well. 👍🏼

Comment

Working...
                              X