Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purchasing Land - Things to know before Tinying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchasing Land - Things to know before Tinying!

I wanted to start a Questions and Answers on purchasing Land.
    Ultimately, it seems to be the way to go, if you really want to live in your Tiny trouble free and without having to move every now and then.
    Does anyone have any tips, tricks, advice??
    What to look for when purchasing?
    The rules on building?
    Is it better to buy with a structure already in place?
    How find out the information for building requirements in your area?
    Septic
    Electric
    Off Grid Solar
    Water
    Any info appreciated!

There are very few places in USA where you can buy land and do whatever you like with it. IMHO, the only way to succeed is to fly below the radar. Even if you ask local government for permission, you can't expect a consistent answer and you may get wildly different responses depending on who you ask.

It is better to have an existing dwelling on the property because the tiny house can be considered storage, but this also depends on where you live and what you do with it.

Comment

Wanted to let folks know that if you need a place to build your Tiny House on Wheels (THOW) in northern Virginia area, hit me up.
      Just had someone who built a THOW on my property in 5 months, then had it relocated to where they wanted to live.
      Wide-open and leveled gravel lot with electrical outlet available. Next to garage so you can lock up your tools and supplies and protect from weather and not have to lug your things/tools every day.
      The area has secured gate that's monitor with security cameras to protect your project.
      Conveniently located near major roads and I-66 with easy accessibility. Lowe's Home Improvement store is less than a mile away if you need to make quick runs to get tools and supplies.
      No HOA. So you can pretty much build at your own flexibility.

Comment

My email: Marcelw123@verizon.net

Comment

What a generous offer, Marcelw. Thanks from us all! It's this kind of sharing that helps build community...even if it's not a "TH community" on your property!

Comment

Working...
          X