Poll - What's Your Tiny House Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll - What's Your Tiny House Status?

I am enthusiastically researching the tiny house lifestyle.
    71.43%
    I am currently living the tiny house lifestyle.
    30.36%
    I am associated with a tiny house business or organization.
    5.36%

I look for an area and a community, first, where to have a small house, and then a small house (= smaller than 1,500 sq ft), not a tiny house (= greater than 400 sq ft).

Comment

I am excited to be living in my first truly tiny home! I bought the house preconstruction, enjoyed watching the build & having a few custom things added. I moved into my house in early January & have had lots of fun and not a few anxious moments getting acquainted with this tiny house on wheels lifestyle, downsizing, getting settled & realizing day by day what I can quite happily live without!
      My house is 200sq feet, all on the same level. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190411_111615005_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.80 MB ID:	637
      Last edited by Betsy-TinyCircles; 04-13-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I am currently living in a converted horse trailer which is in essence a tiny house. I may however, in the future consider purchasing a larger tiny home, hence the reason why I'm on this forum.
        Attached Files

Comment

I purchased land and have county approval. I cant find anyone to build. I want a 6oo sq ft home on a foundation, no one is willing to do it.

Comment

Have you done a Google search for tiny house builders in your state or county?

Comment

My husband and I have our land, put in a well, and are taking it slow, as we want this to be our last house - we are in our 60s, and will retire into this house. We have some storage containers on the property to be my husband's work shop but L.A. County has some issues with the containers that we have to deal with before going forward.

We are downsizing our current home slowly but surely. It's a huge project, and as I'm disabled it's definitely a Project.

Comment

Comment

My house is under contract, I have/am downsizing everything and am ready to move forward. Unfortunately, I cannot find anywhere in the Phownix area where I can have a tiny home on wheels. I am purchasing land after my house closes and may have a small, <800sq ft, home built on it. If anyone knows where to have a tiny home in my area, I would greatly appreciate any info or resources.

Comment

I have lived in a THOW custom built fir the past few years . Lots of ups and downs but I have never regretted the decision.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Love it! Did you post this on a YouTube video? It looks familiar! LOL

Comment

My spouse and I are searching for floor plans to build a stationary tiny house in the Ozarks on our property north of Mountain Home, AR. It will serve as our home when we retire and begin building our permanent home on the adjoining lot. After that we plan to use it as an airbnb. I'm fascinated with clever built-ins and efficient uses of space in tiny homes. Since ours will not be mobile, we are not limited to narrow floor plans, but at the same time prefer a plan that is as small as possible while still being comfortable.

Comment

You should watch some YouTube videos on tiny space hacks from people who actually live on boats. A lot of tiny home builders use maritime products for their tiny homes.

Comment

I have so far no luck. I have spoken to several contractors and they are not interested. I haven't given up!

Comment

We are getting ready to build our first THOW but we have built tiny's in the past. I started with a 16x16 cabin in the woods, no electric, carry in water on some land my parents own. Then, we built-out a 6x12 Cargo Trailer into a hauler / Camper which we use often as I travel the country giving conservation programs.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150729_175118.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	836.3 KB
ID:	661 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150729_175412-2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	662 We are now building something similar to this (have the trailer, waiting on materials bids) to rent out for a while on our land as we prepare ourselves for serious downsizing for retirement!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	ynez-1-862x576.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	663

Comment

Working...
                              X