Win A Free Tiny House Vacation Or $600 Cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win A Free Tiny House Vacation Or $600 Cash

Click image for larger version  Name:	contest_graphic with border.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.9 KB ID:	906

THE GRAND PRIZE:
    We are giving away a 2-night stay at the tiny house resort or individual rental of your choice up to $500 (USD), or you can chose to take $500 (USD) cash.

THE CONTEST: The contest begins immediately and runs through 1:00 PM Mountain Standard Time on 5/31/19.

ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the contest you simply need to make 30 posts between now and the end date of the contest. A post can be a "New Topic" you've started or a "Reply" to a topic another member has created. You can monitor your post count from any page on the forum by looking at the number of "Posts" you have displayed under your avatar.

TERMS: In order for a post to count toward your total post count it must contain a minimum of 50 words and must be relevant to the topic being discussed. Or, if you post a "New Topic" it must be relevant to the area of the site where you are posting it. Any posts that do not meet these criteria will not be counted toward your total post count.

THE BONUS PRIZE: If you win the grand prize you will also be eligible for an additional $100 cash if you have completed your profile on Tiny House Forum. In order for your profile to be considered complete you must have the following items of your profile filled in: Date of Birth, Biography (minimum 100 words), Location, Interests, Occupation and an Avatar. To update the text fields of your profile simply click on your username at the top of the page and select "User Settings" from the pull-down menu which will open your "Profile" tab where you can edit your user profile. To update your Avatar simply click on your username at the top of the page and select "My Profile". From there just hover over the Avatar field and you will be presented with an option to upload your Avatar.

WINNER SELECTION: At 1:00 PM MST on 5/31/19 we will export a list of all users who have met the minimum post count of 30 posts. Let's assume there are 100 members that meet the criteria. Each member will be assigned a number from 1-100. We will post the list of eligible usernames along with the number that has been assigned to each username on 5/31/19. On 6/1/19 we will use Google's Random Number Generator to select a winner. Again, let's assume there are 100 members eligible for the contest. We will enter a range from 1 to 100 and click "generate". The random number that is generated by Google will then be cross-referenced against the list posted to the forum the previous day in order to identify the winner.

TRANSPARENCY: On 6/2/19 we will post a video screen capture showing the process of running the random number generator to select the winner which can be compared to the list that was previously posted to the forum on 5/31/19 for verification.

NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified via e-mail and the winner's username will be posted to the forum on 6/2/19.

Good luck to everyone participating in the contest!

Count me in!

Comment

Great idea - I look forward to connecting in this way...

Comment

I'm surprised that this hasn't received a better response. For what it's worth, I shared it on my Twitter and Facebook pages to try to increase interest and will try to share on my blog as well if I remember, but things still seem pretty slow around here. I'd love to see this community succeed. Do you have any other suggestions for spreading the word?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallHomeFamily View Post
          I'm surprised that this hasn't received a better response. For what it's worth, I shared it on my Twitter and Facebook pages to try to increase interest and will try to share on my blog as well if I remember, but things still seem pretty slow around here. I'd love to see this community succeed. Do you have any other suggestions for spreading the word?
          Thank you for sharing the contest and our forum on your social media, it's very much appreciated. Hopefully others on the forum will do the same so that we can get the site more active sooner rather than later. This forum is a much needed asset in the tiny house community but we definitely need to get the word spread far and wide in order for the site to become the go to community for the tiny house movement! Thank you again for your support of the forum!

Comment

Would to win a tiny home vacation. I feel it would be important to try a short term stay before committing full to the TH lifestyle. My plans are to build a custom tiny home on wheels to live/work in to gain a roommate free living situation which I would not be able to afford otherwise.

Comment

Would love to win a tiny house.

Comment

I am planning to build a tiny home and staying in one prior would be a great experience.

Comment

Thank you for this opportunity to connect with the rest of our Tiny World. No worries! It will take some Tiny Time to weave into the broader communities.

Comment

Count me in

Comment

Sounds like fun, I wish everyone luck!!

Comment

Hi everyone, this is a great idea! I'm currently doing a lot of research into Tiny Homes.

Comment

It sounds bad but I could use the money. My family and would be at ease knowing we got groceries for the house. I’m in!

Comment

Oh my goodness! Is this real?? Other people live the way I do?! I must I must I must meet you ALL! How exciting!

Comment

What a neat idea! I have been wanting to check out a tiny home in person!

Comment

Working...
                              X