It's the Cat Show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the Cat Show!

With a thread for all the doggo's, I think we need one for cat's too. Charlotte is sitting on the pillow and Rorschach is on the window sill.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nikkiscats.png Views:	0 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	969

Even better, let's talk about Tiny House's and our pets. One of biggest concerns for a tiny house is where I'm going to put the stinky litter box and store all the accessories that goes along with my kitties like the litter and food. I am thinking of making a litter box area under the stairs.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	nikki_image01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.3 KB ID:	970 Click image for larger version  Name:	nikki_image02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.6 KB ID:	971 Click image for larger version  Name:	nikki_image03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.1 KB ID:	972
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NikkiVIntl; 04-07-2019, 05:22 PM.

That's a good point - having a Tiny House and a cat with a litterbox could present a problem since you can't stash it far away from your living spaces. What do you cat owners do in regards to this? Charlotte is very cute and Rorschach as a great (and fitting) name! NikkiVIntl

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0624101341b.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	406.9 KB
ID:	792
      We keep our cat's litter box in a corner of our (large) loft and her food downstairs in our kitchen/dining area. At one point we had a cat box inside of a hacked IKEA cabinet, and it worked fine. I do worry about her navigating the stairs as she gets older. (She's 13ish now.) I imagine that we'll probably put her food and water upstairs at that point so she can just live up there most of the time when/if it becomes a problem. She prefers to be in the loft much of the time anyway.

Comment

What cuties! I love how you have made them a priority in your Tiny.

Comment

Here's my kitty, Cleo. I may have mentioned somewhere on this site that after about a year of moving into my THOW, she had gained quite a bit of weight and started exhibiting some aggressive behaviors. After the vet checked
          her out for any possible health problems, and noting that some cats can get aggressive when bored, I had a pet door installed and catio built for her off my deck. Her aggressive behaviors no long exist, although the weight issue is still a problem that will hopefully "reduce" over time. I had no idea that a cat losing 1 pound is equivalent to a human losing about 20 pounds!

Name:	Cleo in Catio 0819.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	4816

Comment

Originally posted by crystalvernon View Post
            Here's my kitty, Cleo. I may have mentioned somewhere on this site that after about a year of moving into my THOW, she had gained quite a bit of weight and started exhibiting some aggressive behaviors. After the vet checked
            her out for any possible health problems, and noting that some cats can get aggressive when bored, I had a pet door installed and catio built for her off my deck. Her aggressive behaviors no long exist, although the weight issue is still a problem that will hopefully "reduce" over time. I had no idea that a cat losing 1 pound is equivalent to a human losing about 20 pounds!

Name:	Cleo in Catio 0819.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	4816
            I love this! We toyed with the idea of doing something similar in the past, but nothing ever came of it. Where we live cats are often prey to larger predators and don't survive long outside, so we decided to only have indoor cats when we brought our current 13-year-old cat home as a kitten. We won't be getting another one after she passes, so building something like this off the table now.

Comment

Shudders N'Ohaira - My cat taking a nap...

Name:	Shudders N'Ohaira Nap.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	441.6 KB
ID:	5441

Comment

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X