Tiny House Basics' 374 sq/ft Entertaining Abode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiny House Basics' 374 sq/ft Entertaining Abode

Hello Tiny House Forum, We are Shelley and Joshua Engberg from Tiny House Basics!

In June 2014 we started planning to build a tiny house on one of our tiny house trailers in order to simplify our lives and get back to basics. We started drastically downsizing our material things to only the necessities we would need in a small space. As avid campers and offroaders we are used to smaller spaces and only carrying what we need for extended periods of time. Moving into a tiny house was a whole new challenge! Several months later the we started our tiny house build on one of our 28ft x 102″ wide Tiny House Trailer. With the help of many of our talented friends we built our own self-designed 374 sq.ft. home! We are now living in our tiny house full time and its the best decision we have made.

Click image for larger version  Name:	s&j outside (ig) - 2-100.jpg Views:	31 Size:	295.1 KB ID:	1196

Click image for larger version  Name:	Outdoor Area (ig) 1-100.jpg Views:	24 Size:	414.1 KB ID:	1197

Click image for larger version  Name:	Coy Bed - (ig) -100.jpg Views:	24 Size:	195.8 KB ID:	1198

Click image for larger version  Name:	Under Stairs (IG)-1 (1).jpg Views:	24 Size:	226.7 KB ID:	1199

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiny House From Above (ig)-1.jpg Views:	24 Size:	315.0 KB ID:	1200

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tiny House 9.8.17 banner (1 of 1) (2).jpg Views:	23 Size:	488.0 KB ID:	1201

Click image for larger version  Name:	tiny house ext (1 of 1) (3).jpg Views:	23 Size:	749.8 KB ID:	1202

Oh my! That is a very beautiful and large! Tiny house! LOL... Congratulations on such a fine build.... This is similar to what I would like to build in the future. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing!

Comment

Love love love that window!!!

Comment

This is very inspiring. I love the pipe ladder you have on the inside, and obviously the bar is incredible. Is that your permanent property? It's a beautiful location. It must be so nice to have such a secluded spot. So many nice little touches help make this Tiny home look dreamy. My favorite part is that long tree branch covered in moss. You couldn't do that with a regular sized home. What have you learned from living Tiny?

Comment

Originally posted by blondeambition3 View Post
          Oh my! That is a very beautiful and large! Tiny house! LOL... Congratulations on such a fine build.... This is similar to what I would like to build in the future. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing!

Thank you, it has changed many times over the years living in it, including replacing the full exterior with knotwood and it will continue to change with us as well. full kitchen remodel coming this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by SmallHomeFamily View Post
            Love love love that window!!!
            Thank you, the 8ft wide accordion window makes all the difference in opening up the space to the outside

Comment

Originally posted by Saintmason View Post
              This is very inspiring. I love the pipe ladder you have on the inside, and obviously the bar is incredible. Is that your permanent property? It's a beautiful location. It must be so nice to have such a secluded spot. So many nice little touches help make this Tiny home look dreamy. My favorite part is that long tree branch covered in moss. You couldn't do that with a regular sized home. What have you learned from living Tiny?
              Thank you very much! the pipe ladder solve the problem of wanting a door and needing a ladder as well so we combined the two. We have . been here for 5 years and we rent the land for a few hundred dollars a month. The trees that surround our house are Canyon and Blue Oaks and the knarly one directly in front of the tiny house is our favorite.

We have learned so much it would be hard to put it all down here, most of it is covered well in our best selling book: "Tiny House Basics, Living the Good Life in Small Spaces" www.tinyhousebasics.com/book

Comment

Wow - beautiful & yes, inspiring!
                Is the accordian window set up screened or can it be?
                I think it'd be great to start a windows topic...I've never seen one like this!

Comment

Tiny House Basics Thank you for that. Yeah, I love those trees and you can't beat renting land for a couple hundred bucks a month. I am interested in Van conversion at the moment, but when/if I decide to go Tiny, then I may take a look at your book. 5 years! Wow, that is about the amount of time I think would be good to learn the basics of Tiny Living. Congrats on your feat and creating a product you can share with the world. Namaste 😇🙏

Comment

Working...
                  X