Doug's DIY - Interior Wk 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug's DIY - Interior Wk 5

Yes, week 4 was a bust, and week 5 was short due to life intervening. Anyway, here's where it stands today. All interior panels are in place, all aluminum support strips/angles are affixed, the egress door jambs are done and the latch (a rotary draw latch) has been modified to accommodate an interior 90 degree angle, and it works. All RevPly has been primed, as has the egress door, the "basement" (the portion of the house below the second level) has been painted gray, and green stain has been applied to the baltic birch in the main room. The stain is (purposely) blotchy, with yellow from the birch showing through. My color inspiration is the NM desert in bloom. Sage, chamisa, purple aster, and who knows what else. Certainly a touch of giant 4-o'clock (one of our dogs is named Mirabilis), but we'll just see how the purple gets into the picture. Currently I'm struggling with the proper shade of yellow/gold for the rest of the walls.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mod_IMG_6966.jpg Views:	0 Size:	662.4 KB ID:	4853

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mod_IMG_6965.jpg Views:	0 Size:	630.8 KB ID:	4854
    Last edited by Doug; 09-04-2019, 07:53 AM.

Looking good, nice work so far (I hadn't seen your previous posts)! The triangular windows look like they could have been challenging to build/install?

Also will the 'basement' purely be utilities or will you work some insulation in there too?

Comment

Your Tiny is really coming along! I love the varying window choices, it makes for a more interesting living space. Love the colors so far and can't wait to see your build as it continues to progress! Life does get in the way sometimes but just keep pushing forward and I know you will have it complete and be able to move in before you know it!

Comment

Working...
      X