Weekend stay in the Salida tiny house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend stay in the Salida tiny house

As my wife and I continue our tiny house journey we enjoy spending weekends in tiny house rentals to help us determine what we want in our final build when the time comes. I highly recommend this approach because it really opens your eyes as to what's important to you when it comes to owning a tiny house. One of our favorite places to stay is a little tiny house resort called WeeCasa in Lyons, CO where they have a number of tiny house rentals available. The resort is set along the banks of the beautiful North Saint Vrain Creek and is walking distance to some really great restaurants, bars, and local shops in downtown Lyons. During one of our stays we booked the 204 sqft Salida model that sleeps up to 5 people. It was a really cool modern designed tiny house that was very thoughtfully laid out. Anyway, I thought I'd share some photos of our stay in the Salida.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9636.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	3.60 MB
ID:	948

Name:	IMG_9637.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	949

Name:	IMG_9638.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	950

Name:	IMG_9639.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	951

Name:	IMG_9640.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	952

Name:	IMG_9641.JPG
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	953

Name:	IMG_9642.JPG
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	954

Name:	IMG_9643.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	955

Name:	IMG_9644.JPG
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	956

Name:	IMG_9645.JPG
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	957

Name:	IMG_9646.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	958

Name:	IMG_9647.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	959

Name:	IMG_9648.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	960

Name:	IMG_9649.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	961

Name:	IMG_9650.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	962

Name:	IMG_9651.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	963

Name:	IMG_9652.JPG
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	964

Thanks for sharing, it is lovely. It is a great idea to try out tiny houses before you dive in. Pictures and video do not equate to the actual experience of staying and experiencing a tiny home.

Comment

I love that they even managed to fit a little table in there!

Comment

I am with you about staying in tiny houses before you build or buy to see what you would like or not like in your tiny home. I am in the design stage too for my tiny house. I have land in the country that I would like to have a tiny house village or place for a overnight or short stay place for tiny houses. Does anyone have suggestions of how to design a place like this or places to go for information?

Comment

Hi Nicdance, I just visited the largest tiny house community (at least according to estimates I've seen) in the US in Lancaster County, PA. - Tiny House Estates in Elizabethtown. It's also currently the only TH community in PA. It's a lovely place with a great mix if investor units fir short tentals & longer term residents. They have a good zinjbg/occupancy deal w/ their municipality, and ate well liked in their neighborhood.
          If you're anywhere near them, I'd highly recommend a visit & a stay if possible altho the rentals are a bit pricey at least for my budget. You can take a tour for just $15 & ask all the questions you want.
          But do check out their website for community model ideas. They are only finishing their 1st year but things are going well and their strategic & business plans seem solid.

Comment

Looks nice! But I hate the bathroom sink lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Betsy-TinyCircles View Post
              Hi Nicdance, I just visited the largest tiny house community (at least according to estimates I've seen) in the US in Lancaster County, PA. - Tiny House Estates in Elizabethtown. It's also currently the only TH community in PA. It's a lovely place with a great mix if investor units fir short tentals & longer term residents. They have a good zinjbg/occupancy deal w/ their municipality, and ate well liked in their neighborhood.
              If you're anywhere near them, I'd highly recommend a visit & a stay if possible altho the rentals are a bit pricey at least for my budget. You can take a tour for just $15 & ask all the questions you want.
              But do check out their website for community model ideas. They are only finishing their 1st year but things are going well and their strategic & business plans seem solid.
              Oh, I would love to see that someday!

Comment

Working...
              X