Our Little Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Little Home

This is a picture of our house taken when it was brand new right after we moved it to its current home ten years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6270.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	997

We have more pics of the inside of our house over at our blog at https://www.smallhomefamily.com/sear...l/House%20Pics.

Originally posted by SmallHomeFamily View Post
    This is a picture of our house taken when it was brand new right after we moved it to its current home ten years ago.
    With all that snow it looks like it would be very cozy inside!

Comment

Wow - 10 years! That is awesome! Do you have a current photo too?
      I've only been in my THOW for 4 months but it looks very different from the day it was delivered.
      Having lived in warm climates for decades, I truly can't quite imagine what it would be like having snow around.
      What kind of heating system do you use & where do you store all your bulky winter stuff when it gets warmer? This are 2 issues even I deal with in FL because I do need heat when it goes below 50ish & I have lots of bulky warm stuff because I get chilly if it goes below 70!

Comment

Originally posted by SmallHomeFamily View Post

Name:	100_6270.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	997

We have more pics of the inside of our house over at our blog at https://www.smallhomefamily.com/sear...l/House%20Pics.
        Your house is lovely, snow and all! LOL . Having relocated from Florida to Ohio, this past Sub-Zero winter was definitely challenging.... I guess I prefer the snow over hurricanes however! LOL I'm definitely going to follow the URL to view more pictures of the inside of that lovely house! Thanks for sharing! That's what this forum is all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Betsy-TinyCircles View Post
          Wow - 10 years! That is awesome! Do you have a current photo too?
          I've only been in my THOW for 4 months but it looks very different from the day it was delivered.
          Having lived in warm climates for decades, I truly can't quite imagine what it would be like having snow around.
          What kind of heating system do you use & where do you store all your bulky winter stuff when it gets warmer? This are 2 issues even I deal with in FL because I do need heat when it goes below 50ish & I have lots of bulky warm stuff because I get chilly if it goes below 70!
          I don't think I have a current photo that really showcases the house, unfortunately. I've been thinking that I need to take one.

Our weather is generally fairly mild, but the winter of 2008/2009 when this was taken was pretty brutal! Some years it doesn't even snow at all, but I would say that we have maybe two or three snow events on average every winter. Average high temps in winter are probably in the low to mid 40s, so a bit chillier than you are used to for sure!

We have a ducted propane furnace that came with our house, but electricity is generally cheaper than propane around here, so we have always used electric heaters instead. Right now we have a Frigidaire window heat pump in our living room (it basically looks like an a/c, but it heats and cools) and an Envi wall heater in the bedroom, which together keep the house pretty toasty unless it gets unseasonably frigid.

We have some hooks behind our front door to hang coats on and some more hooks in the bedroom. Boots are on repurposed bookcases near the door. Hats and gloves and scarves have a drawer in a cupboard near the front door as well. I replaced my bulky winter coat with a packable down jacket a few winters ago, and it fits in a small nylon bag when it's not needed.

Comment

I actually consolidated a bunch of our house pics into one post on my blog if anyone is interested in checking it out, and I wanted to share a couple of them here.

This is our daughters' bedroom, which we completely redid last summer:

Name:	IMG_20180711_102352403 (1).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	1850

And our living room looking down from the loft:

Name:	IMG_20170915_175430767 (1).jpg
Views:	37
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	1851

Comment