Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theft Protection- Tiny House On Wheels

Hello-
    Does anyone know if you can use something like "LOJACK" for tiny homes on wheels? It seems like a no brainer to me but I haven't seen it discussed in the Tiny House world. I know for sure it would give me peace of mind and a smart way to recover it if stolen. I wonder if any builders offer this for purchase.

Does anyone else have any ideas for security?

Have you considered a second cell phone hidden in the house with a tracking app?

Comment

I hadn't thought about a cell phone. Knowing myself I'd forget to charge it!

Comment

Here's a trailer tracker that we put on many of our ThinHaus homes. It works for five years and reports in every night ... cost $225 complete. It will do the job you are looking for.

Trailer GPS Tracking Unit With 5-Year Battery Life

Comment

Thank you so much ThinHaus ! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

I know that many banks providing financing for THOW's are requiring a tamper-proof GPS Tracking System be installed inside the walls. This way they know where to pick the unit up if payment is not made. Also ADT is running a special, Get a Video Doorbell Camera,Echo Dot & two Smart Lightbulbs w/ Free Installation...check it out
            https://www.adt.com/new-media/home-s...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
            And if you are looking for a more cost effective option, I use Wyze Cams at my house. They are $20 and they back up to the cloud. They have night vision and motion sensor capabilities. You can see your home inside and out from your smart device. If there is a perpetrator in your home or even if your puppy is lonely, you can speak (and hear) thru it. They also offer Wyze Smart Bulbs for $30 and they are wi=fi capable so you can track the signal. https://www.wyze.com/

Comment

And of course you have a really solid first line of defense (yes, the safety chains should be tucked inside the lock system, and they usually are.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mod_IMG_6969.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	4860
              Last edited by Doug; 09-04-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X