Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on finding a home for my tiny home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on finding a home for my tiny home?

I purchased a tiny house a few months ago, despite checking my local laws ahead of time I ran into problems with my neighbor and the city took his side. I now need to sell it, but having trouble. The manufacturer is kindly allowing me to keep it at their showroom in Roseville CA (just outside of Sacramento), but it's still a financial burden that I'm struggling with on top of derailing my plans for the future. Does anyone have advice on finding a home for my tiny home? It's a beautiful tiny house, built by a reputable manufacturer and certified as an RV. I've been posting on various tiny house listing websites and Craigslist but those haven't led to much interest. I'd greatly appreciate any advice, thoughts, ideas, etc.!

For context, here's a link to a google drive folder with photos and info:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=19i...rrx-p4FRQClSoJ

Dana T.

Have you though about posting on Facebook marketplace? You might also look into seeing if any local realtors would be willing to list it. You might have to take a cut on the profit however it might be a great opportunity for a quick sale. If it's certified as an RV you might be able to show it at an RV dealership on the weekends.

Another option to recover you loses might be to find a nearby area that you can park your tiny house and rent it out as an Air BnB. This way you could keep your tiny house but also make a profit. It seems to me that in that area you might make quite a lot from the seasonal travel.

Comment

I hadn’t thought about the Facebook marketplace, that’s a good idea! The others are too, so far the realtors I’ve asked don’t deal with tiny houses but I could reach out to more in case there are exceptions. This tiny house is too big to easily move for weekends but there may be some places online to list RVs that could work.

I’m hesitant to rent or Airbnb it out since then it wouldn’t be brand new/unused, plus there aren’t legal places to park it near me other than RV parks, but also a good idea.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by Dana T. View Post
        I purchased a tiny house a few months ago, despite checking my local laws ahead of time I ran into problems with my neighbor and the city took his side. I now need to sell it, but having trouble. The manufacturer is kindly allowing me to keep it at their showroom in Roseville CA (just outside of Sacramento), but it's still a financial burden that I'm struggling with on top of derailing my plans for the future. Does anyone have advice on finding a home for my tiny home? It's a beautiful tiny house, built by a reputable manufacturer and certified as an RV. I've been posting on various tiny house listing websites and Craigslist but those haven't led to much interest. I'd greatly appreciate any advice, thoughts, ideas, etc.!

For context, here's a link to a google drive folder with photos and info:
        https://drive.google.com/open?id=19i...rrx-p4FRQClSoJ
        Such a shame that you have to sell it, because it's a beautiful tiny house!

Comment

Have you listed it on Craigslist in San Bernardino county? They now allow homes that are 180 square feet. In LA there is a group working on legalization of tiny homes and I think they are allowed as ADUs so you might expand your Craigslist audience. Tiny House Expedition has done some VLOGs and updates on legalization.

Comment

Fresno also is allowing THOWs so you might want to check Craigslist there. I believe they are also allowing development of tiny house communities , but that may still be in developing/permitting stage. My guess would be that the planning dept in Fresno might have more info.

Again, good luck.

Comment

I don't have any advice I just wanted to say how sorry I am that this has happened and wish you the best of luck moving forward.

Comment

More good ideas, no luck yet but still working on it. Thank you all for your advice and kind words!

Comment

So the entire state of California ruled that ADU's are allowed. However, they have not yet decided if Tiny Houses are going to be classified as an ADU. There are a couple of Tiny House friendly areas in Cali that I am aware of; Fresno and we have the 1st ever Tiny House going to southern California thru SoHo Tiny Homes as well. Have you considered keeping the Tiny if you are able to attain placement? If so, we should talk

Comment

Hi My name is Eric and I too would love to move tiny in California.
                    I read that many county allows TOWS in their backyard as long as the person living in it is considered a caregiver the main house owner.
                    Does any one has explored this possibility and have any info to share about the process??
                    Thanks a lot

Comment

Here is a helpful article we wrote on how to find land for a tiny house, you can even connect with others in the comments section for places as well. We followed these methods to find our tiny house parking spot in california https://www.tinyhousebasics.com/find...ur-tiny-house/

Comment

What a fantastic design. I have checked out your trailers and am more envious than ever about what is available in your country. Although I am elderly I would need a Tiny House and a Tiny Studio to accommodate my Book making arts/crafts and the bigger, the better in case the next step is a mobility walker. Your trailers look really strong and the lengths/widths are so good.Unfortunately it would be too expensive to have one or two shipped out to New Zealand.Thank you for the opportunity to see your home.

Comment

Working...
                        X