Custom treehouse with wraparound deck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom treehouse with wraparound deck

I'm definitely building my tiny house either on a foundation or on wheels (still researching but leaning toward foundation). I don't think a treehouse lifestyle would ever be a good fit for me however I still find them very intriguing. Even though I have no interest in living in one full-time there's still something appealing about them. Perhaps it's the fond childhood memories of hanging out in the tree fort we had in our back yard. In any case, I enjoy researching tiny tree houses from time to time and I came across this one I found to be very cool this morning. Although they don't mention square footage, from the video it does seem to be a bit larger than a traditional tiny house. Just thought I'd share this quick video.

Originally posted by Grant View Post
    I'm definitely building my tiny house either on a foundation or on wheels (still researching but leaning toward foundation). I don't think a treehouse lifestyle would ever be a good fit for me however I still find them very intriguing. Even though I have no interest in living in one full-time there's still something appealing about them. Perhaps it's the fond childhood memories of hanging out in the tree fort we had in our back yard. In any case, I enjoy researching tiny tree houses from time to time and I came across this one I found to be very cool this morning. Although they don't mention square footage, from the video it does seem to be a bit larger than a traditional tiny house. Just thought I'd share this quick video.

oh if only!

Thank you for sharing this tree house mansion!

Comment

I visited a tiny combined tree house / yurt this last week - it can be viewed on Airbnb, search for Danville Treehouse, Geneva, FL.
      It's an awesome 21st century version of Disney's Swiss Family Robinson treehouse.
      The owner is incredibly creative...very inspiring.
      Wonderful place to visit...but not sure I'd want to live there! So much up & down - it has 3 levels (and an elevator!).
      I loved how the owner said since trees are living and living things usually grow & move, he built on pilons around several trees instead of in the tree itself.

Comment

I love TreeHouses too! Have you checked out Pete Nelson's TreeHouse Masters Show? Its great, I'd bet you find even more inspiration there. Good luck, i am anxious to see what you come up with!

Comment

That Tree house is Dreamy! There is something so magical about living in a Tree-House, but I agree with Betsy-TinyCircles that is a lot of up and down. I don't think I would mind though. I spent a year living in an apartment in NYC with no elevator and we were on the 5th floor. It can't be any worse than that. I'll never forget that move as we must have gone up and down those stairs over 100 times. I love the outdoor fireplace they had there. It would be cool if the fire place was indoor and outdoor. Like, it was connected to the inside and outside, so depending on the weather you could do either or. I imagine the owners rent it out on Airbnb, but it must be great to just say, hey honey, I'm going to sleep in the treehouse tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Betsy-TinyCircles View Post
            I visited a tiny combined tree house / yurt this last week - it can be viewed on Airbnb, search for Danville Treehouse, Geneva, FL.
            It's an awesome 21st century version of Disney's Swiss Family Robinson treehouse.
            The owner is incredibly creative...very inspiring.
            Wonderful place to visit...but not sure I'd want to live there! So much up & down - it has 3 levels (and an elevator!).
            I loved how the owner said since trees are living and living things usually grow & move, he built on pilons around several trees instead of in the tree itself.
            h
            Betsy: My wife and I stayed at Dan Shaw's "Danville Inn" in Geneva (well east of Orlando) a couple of years back before he built the Treehouse. We stayed in the main house master suite and it, together with the indoor movie theater, and huge kitchen and living room area were amazing for the reasonable price. It is even more amazing that the house was built entirely by him and his sons as an addition to an old airplane hangar the front of which they turned into the "town" of Danville with saloon to boot. The separate yurt (with llamas out back) and man cave in a separate converted hangar are equally very impressive. Dan is also a great guy to sit and talk with. The only challenge is finding availability some times as they hold weddings and other events on the premises regularly. I would not hesitate for a second, however, recommending his place to others. It really is both very unique and impressively built.

Comment

Originally posted by Saintmason View Post
              That Tree house is Dreamy! There is something so magical about living in a Tree-House, but I agree with Betsy-TinyCircles that is a lot of up and down. I don't think I would mind though. I spent a year living in an apartment in NYC with no elevator and we were on the 5th floor. It can't be any worse than that. I'll never forget that move as we must have gone up and down those stairs over 100 times. I love the outdoor fireplace they had there. It would be cool if the fire place was indoor and outdoor. Like, it was connected to the inside and outside, so depending on the weather you could do either or. I imagine the owners rent it out on Airbnb, but it must be great to just say, hey honey, I'm going to sleep in the treehouse tonight!
              I came across this Treehouse article a couple of days ago, posting it to my tiny home Twitter feed: This 236 Square Foot Prefab Treehouse Takes Just Days to Assemble. Simple, prefab design that has it up whatever tree in fairly short order. There really is a bit of 'romance' in treehouse builds...bringing us back to childhood memories....and some are quite impressive. But, like others, going into my sixth decade of being on this planet I doubt I'd want to be doing all of the up and down involved in living in one full-time...and know that my wife would move into her own place if I actually suggested living in one...lol. But, they are fun to see and the craftsmanship of some of them is quite impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by esleep59 View Post
                h
                Betsy: My wife and I stayed at Dan Shaw's "Danville Inn" in Geneva (well east of Orlando) a couple of years back before he built the Treehouse. We stayed in the main house master suite and it, together with the indoor movie theater, and huge kitchen and living room area were amazing for the reasonable price. It is even more amazing that the house was built entirely by him and his sons as an addition to an old airplane hangar the front of which they turned into the "town" of Danville with saloon to boot. The separate yurt (with llamas out back) and man cave in a separate converted hangar are equally very impressive. Dan is also a great guy to sit and talk with. The only challenge is finding availability some times as they hold weddings and other events on the premises regularly. I would not hesitate for a second, however, recommending his place to others. It really is both very unique and impressively built.
                Great description of Danville's unique opportunities...yes, it's quite a place & Dan the owner/creator par excellence is quite a guy.

Comment

Working...
                X