New member intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member intro

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your back. I'm curious as to how living in a tiny space would help/hinder people with mobility issues/arthritis/etc. I'd imagine it would be a big help as you don't have to move around as much to get what you need or get to where you want to go.

Comment

Comment

Welcome! I'm sorry about your back issues. A tiny house is definitely less work to upkeep and maintain than a larger home.

Comment

Welcome, Spiney!
          Having lived now for 6 months in my 24ft tiny on one level, I agree you'll enjoy less walking, less cleaning.
          But I often find myself wondering where I stored things - how can I lose it in such a tiny house?! The challenge in the early months at least is you keep thinking of better ways to downsize further and put stuff in better places!
          And when you design storage, do be sure to think high rather than low b/c the tendency will be to use all available space but you'll end up bending too much. I'm not very technical but I imagine there are shelves which have those lever type things (like on the back hatch of vans) which could store low but raise for easy access.
          Good luck & happy tiny dreaming!

Comment

Originally posted by Betsy-TinyCircles View Post
            Welcome, Spiney!
            Having lived now for 6 months in my 24ft tiny on one level, I agree you'll enjoy less walking, less cleaning.
            But I often find myself wondering where I stored things - how can I lose it in such a tiny house?! The challenge in the early months at least is you keep thinking of better ways to downsize further and put stuff in better places!
            And when you design storage, do be sure to think high rather than low b/c the tendency will be to use all available space but you'll end up bending too much. I'm not very technical but I imagine there are shelves which have those lever type things (like on the back hatch of vans) which could store low but raise for easy access.
            Good luck & happy tiny dreaming!
            I often find myself wondering how I can lose things in such a small space, too, but it does happen!

Comment

That stinks about your back I wonder if you have considered a ground floor bedroom in your Tiny House? There are many floor-plans that include a first floor bedroom. It was wise to try on some Tiny Homes for extended weekends but I would consider long-term what crawling up into a loft might mean for future wellness. Just a thought. Good luck and we would love to hear what you decide to go with!

Comment

Working...
              X