Hello All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

Well, it's been a very long but rewarding development cycle to get to this point today. After many months of coding and design work among numerous other projects our team has finally launched tinyhouseforum.com. This has truly been a labor of love and I'm so happy to be making the site public today. I hope you will make this site your personal on-line tiny house community and to a greater extent consider other members of the forum as family. We're all here to benefit from the exchange of information, ideas and resources related to the tiny house movement. Since the site will consist of individuals, companies and organizations with an interest in learning new information, sharing existing knowledge and connecting with one another through meaningful and stimulating on-line discussions Tiny House Forum is the perfect resource for anyone interested in the tiny house lifestyle. I hope you'll take full advantage of the information provided on this site and visit us frequently to stay in tune with the tiny house movement!

This is a brilliant idea, and I am so glad to get it at the launch! This means I won’t miss any posts! My name is Rina, and I am currently living in Israel, where unfortunately, there are no tiny homes that I am aware of. I do, however, live in a tiny apartment, which is actually smaller than most tiny homes. I have been living here for nine years. I have a married daughter and four grandchildren here. I took care of my mom until she died, and now I’m looking for a job in the US, and once I find one, I am hoping to find a tiny house community where I can use my VA certificate to buy a tiny house for myself and my little dog. I have been a huge fan of the tiny-house movement for years, and I am certain that a tiny house is right for me. I have to, naturally, find a job before I can research tiny-house communities in a particular location, but in the meantime, I want to amass as much knowledge as I can! I’m so glad you built this site!!

Comment

Originally posted by RinaD View Post
      This is a brilliant idea, and I am so glad to get it at the launch! This means I won’t miss any posts! My name is Rina, and I am currently living in Israel, where unfortunately, there are no tiny homes that I am aware of. I do, however, live in a tiny apartment, which is actually smaller than most tiny homes. I have been living here for nine years. I have a married daughter and four grandchildren here. I took care of my mom until she died, and now I’m looking for a job in the US, and once I find one, I am hoping to find a tiny house community where I can use my VA certificate to buy a tiny house for myself and my little dog. I have been a huge fan of the tiny-house movement for years, and I am certain that a tiny house is right for me. I have to, naturally, find a job before I can research tiny-house communities in a particular location, but in the meantime, I want to amass as much knowledge as I can! I’m so glad you built this site!!
      Welcome to the forum and thank you very much for the positive feedback. Sounds like you'll be well prepared for tiny house living in the states if you're already accustomed to living in a small apartment. Out of curiosity, have you confirmed that the VA will offer a loan for a tiny house? I'm a veteran myself and I know that when I bought my first home the VA had some pretty stringent requirements regarding the types of properties they would underwrite. That was quite some time ago so I was just wondering if they've progressed in terms of their lending practices since then. Hopefully you'll find all the other tiny house info you're looking for here on the forum so that when you're ready to move you'll feel completely comfortable with your decision to go tiny! Best of luck to you along your journey.

Comment

I actually have not done the research yet because I don't know what state I'm going to end up in, and the laws are probably different from state to state. I hope I'll be able to use my VA certificate, otherwise, not sure what I'll do, but I would really love a tiny house. The apartment I'm living in now is about 25 square meters, so a tiny house will be an upscale for me!🤣

Comment

Rina,

It's nice to hear that you are looking forward to some awesome changes in your life. I'm not endorsing this program but I thought you might want to look into it. http://www.operationtinyhome.org/dow...sistance-grant From what's I've seen this grant program that helps with down payments is specifically aimed at veterans. VA loans can be tough to get and from what I understand their new construction one's are even more difficult. Perhaps a program like that might be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams. Best of luck!

Comment

Thank you very much!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
              Well, it's been a very long but rewarding development cycle to get to this point today. After many months of coding and design work among numerous other projects our team has finally launched tinyhouseforum.com. This has truly been a labor of love and I'm so happy to be making the site public today. I hope you will make this site your personal on-line tiny house community and to a greater extent consider other members of the forum as family. We're all here to benefit from the exchange of information, ideas and resources related to the tiny house movement. Since the site will consist of individuals, companies and organizations with an interest in learning new information, sharing existing knowledge and connecting with one another through meaningful and stimulating on-line discussions Tiny House Forum is the perfect resource for anyone interested in the tiny house lifestyle. I hope you'll take full advantage of the information provided on this site and visit us frequently to stay in tune with the tiny house movement!
              Thank you Chuck for starting this forum... I've been looking for something like this for years! While I am currently living tiny, I would in the future like to design my own tiny home based on my vision. Having live tiny for 7 months now, I can't imagine living any other way again. It's helpful to have a forum to reference that helps us to realize the resources available to us. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack using just Google and YouTube! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by blondeambition3 View Post

Thank you Chuck for starting this forum... I've been looking for something like this for years! While I am currently living tiny, I would in the future like to design my own tiny home based on my vision. Having live tiny for 7 months now, I can't imagine living any other way again. It's helpful to have a forum to reference that helps us to realize the resources available to us. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack using just Google and YouTube! LOL
                Yeah, I can definitely relate to your "needle in a haystack" reference. My wife and I started our tiny house research last spring and found it nearly impossible to find the information we were looking for. That was the inspiration behind Tiny House Forum. I hope it will become the number one destination on the Internet for those seeing to find out more about the tiny house movement.

Comment

Being a former webmaster, I know all of the hard work and trials in addition to tribulations this forum venture must have been! LOL thank you for putting the pedal to the metal and getting her done! I know I'm grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by blondeambition3 View Post
                    Being a former webmaster, I know all of the hard work and trials in addition to tribulations this forum venture must have been! LOL thank you for putting the pedal to the metal and getting her done! I know I'm grateful.
                    I'm glad you're enjoying the site. It will only get better from here as we add more members and more interaction.

Comment

The idea of a site that consists of individuals, companies, and organizations with an interest in learning new information, sharing existing knowledge and connecting with one another through meaningful and stimulating on-line discussions Tiny House Forum is the perfect resource for anyone interested in the tiny house lifestyle. I hope to take full advantage of the information provided on this site and visit the site frequently to stay in tune with the tiny house movement!
                      Hopefully, one day own my own TINY HOME in the desired location I want to live. Anyone with some helpful ways to start? Please feel free to reply.
                      Last edited by BLESDW3; 05-08-2019, 06:49 PM. Reason: Added more

Comment

Working...
                      X