Nice to meet ya'll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to meet ya'll

Thought I would make a quick introduction. I'm Steph from Colorado (originally from North Carolina), 42 years old. I love it here but have been researching the tiny house lifestyle for some time now. At this moment I live in a 3 story, 3,400 square foot home that is a NIGHTMARE. Between the maintenance and running up and down the stairs to clean it I'm about to go crazy. Oh and it's just myself and hubby.
    I don't want to sound like a brat because I do feel fortunate to have such a great place but the older I get the more I realize how much money it will cost to upkeep along with all the other costs as well as my body not being able to manage keeping this place clean. My DREAM HOUSE would be one story, NO STAIRS and 600 square feet or smaller. That's my dream anyway. It might take some time but I'll get it all planned out. Hopefully this forum will bring out a lot of great ideas I can place on my "Dream Board". haha! Ok, so I don't have a dream board but I have a "Tiny House Ideas" folder on my computer.
    It's great to meet everyone and I look forward to learning more and meeting new people from all over. 🤗❤️✌🏻🏠

I lived in 2,700 sq.ft house and I poured a lot of money into the house to look cool. I did downsizing for more than 6 years and now I am living in a Tiny House with a comfortable mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jjay View Post
      I lived in 2,700 sq.ft house and I poured a lot of money into the house to look cool. I did downsizing for more than 6 years and now I am living in a Tiny House with a comfortable mind.
      That's wonderful news. I can see myself being happy for a year or so but I've always wondered how many people continue to live in a tiny space after the "honeymoon" period.
      It's definitely not cool to live in a big house and spend money you don't need to. Especially if you don't use half of it. I'm glad more people are starting to realize the importance of happiness over "things" and "keeping up with the Jones's"
      Thanks for sharing your experience and I hope you continue to be happy in your tiny house!

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie Steph View Post
        Thought I would make a quick introduction. I'm Steph from Colorado (originally from North Carolina), 42 years old. I love it here but have been researching the tiny house lifestyle for some time now. At this moment I live in a 3 story, 3,400 square foot home that is a NIGHTMARE. Between the maintenance and running up and down the stairs to clean it I'm about to go crazy. Oh and it's just myself and hubby.
        I don't want to sound like a brat because I do feel fortunate to have such a great place but the older I get the more I realize how much money it will cost to upkeep along with all the other costs as well as my body not being able to manage keeping this place clean. My DREAM HOUSE would be one story, NO STAIRS and 600 square feet or smaller. That's my dream anyway. It might take some time but I'll get it all planned out. Hopefully this forum will bring out a lot of great ideas I can place on my "Dream Board". haha! Ok, so I don't have a dream board but I have a "Tiny House Ideas" folder on my computer.
        It's great to meet everyone and I look forward to learning more and meeting new people from all over. 🤗❤️✌🏻🏠
        Welcome to the forum, nice to have you here!

Comment

Steph,

If you haven't gotten on Pinterest to start you tiny home dream board, then I would totally get started. I could spend all day looking at other people's builds and dreaming. Personally, I found that the more I looked at other people's tiny houses, I found that I was drawn to a particular style which has helped me narrow down my lane of ambition. There's so many different plans out there. I recommend just doing a web search for tiny homes without a loft. Right now I live in a bit larger home myself and am working to put myself in the tiny home mindset. I've been starting simple with getting rid of papers and clothes I don't want. I'm the type of person who also values experiences (like traveling) or buying a bunch of stuff. I am kind of spoiled though and still want to a few of the creature comforts I'm used to. There's no way I can live without a washer or dryer. It's so nice to meet you!

Comment

Originally posted by NikkiVIntl View Post
            Steph,

If you haven't gotten on Pinterest to start you tiny home dream board, then I would totally get started. I could spend all day looking at other people's builds and dreaming. Personally, I found that the more I looked at other people's tiny houses, I found that I was drawn to a particular style which has helped me narrow down my lane of ambition. There's so many different plans out there. I recommend just doing a web search for tiny homes without a loft. Right now I live in a bit larger home myself and am working to put myself in the tiny home mindset. I've been starting simple with getting rid of papers and clothes I don't want. I'm the type of person who also values experiences (like traveling) or buying a bunch of stuff. I am kind of spoiled though and still want to a few of the creature comforts I'm used to. There's no way I can live without a washer or dryer. It's so nice to meet you!
            Hi Nikki, I do have a Pinterest account and have recently started using it for my tiny house plans/dream. I'm definitely more like you - I enjoy the creature comforts. Washer and dryer are critical to my survival. haha! Pinterest is an amazing resource for tiny house ideas. I always get sidetracked on DIY pins or things that would look great for my tiny house like decor. It may take a long time for me to mentally learn how to let things go. I like stuff. 😬😬
            It's great to meet you as well! Guess we'll be on this "tiny" journey together.

Comment

Working...
            X