Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I am not in a tiny house yet, but I am interested in them. I have a small (1400 sq. ft) house in The suburbs of Chicago. Taxes in Illinois are such that people are being driven out of their homes. It would be nice to go tiny (and mobile) to escape some of this. I have always been fascinated with efficient living so tiny intrigues me. Once my wife and I become "empty nesters" we might move in the tiny direction.

Anyway, good to meet everybody. I don't know how much I can contribute to conversations but I know a fair bit about electrical and technology so if questions go that way perhaps I'll surprise myself!

Originally posted by Joe View Post
    I am not in a tiny house yet, but I am interested in them. I have a small (1400 sq. ft) house in The suburbs of Chicago. Taxes in Illinois are such that people are being driven out of their homes. It would be nice to go tiny (and mobile) to escape some of this. I have always been fascinated with efficient living so tiny intrigues me. Once my wife and I become "empty nesters" we might move in the tiny direction.

Anyway, good to meet everybody. I don't know how much I can contribute to conversations but I know a fair bit about electrical and technology so if questions go that way perhaps I'll surprise myself!
    Welcome Joe! I've heard horror stories of your tax situation in that part of the country. My husband and I are in Colorado and although the cost of living is incredibly high we don't have to worry about inflated property taxes. We're looking into downsizing as well to cut our costs and simplify our lives. Good luck on your tiny house research!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post

Welcome to the forum Joe. I know there are some areas of our country that are taxing hard working people right out of their homes, it's really a shame! Regarding your electrical experience, a large percentage of tiny house dwellers are "do it yourselfers" so I'm sure your knowledge of electrical work will come in handy for other users here. Thanks for sharing with the community!

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie Steph View Post

Welcome Joe! I've heard horror stories of your tax situation in that part of the country. My husband and I are in Colorado and although the cost of living is incredibly high we don't have to worry about inflated property taxes. We're looking into downsizing as well to cut our costs and simplify our lives. Good luck on your tiny house research!
        I've heard Colorado is beautiful. My son visited there on vacation and loved it! Any place with mountains is especially novel and beautiful to someone like me from the midwest who only gets to see them in pictures or while traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post

Welcome to the forum Joe. I know there are some areas of our country that are taxing hard working people right out of their homes, it's really a shame! Regarding your electrical experience, a large percentage of tiny house dwellers are "do it yourselfers" so I'm sure your knowledge of electrical work will come in handy for other users here. Thanks for sharing with the community!
          I could talk about taxes for hours! I'll spare you though. I'm glad to help if I see any questions I can answer.

Comment

Working...
          X