2019 Colorado Tiny House Festival - Brighton, Colorado, US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Colorado Tiny House Festival - Brighton, Colorado, US

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019 Colorado Tiny House Festival - Brighton.png Views:	0 Size:	1.78 MB ID:	755

2019 Colorado Tiny House Festival - Brighton: The Colorado Tiny House Festival is returning for its third year on June 21-23, 2019, and it will be bigger and tinier than ever! The Festival will feature a uniquely diverse assortment of small living structures from tiny houses on wheels to container homes, a semi-trailer conversion, skoolies, van conversions, teardrops, yurts and more.

Hosted on the sprawling grounds of the Adams County Fairgrounds, the Colorado Tiny House Festival will blend the spirit of the tiny living movement with the most up-to-date information on going tiny, simplifying your life, minimalist living, and living greener. This is one of the largest gathering of all things tiny and simple living in the country, and an incredible event to attend.

In addition to tours of over 40 unique small living structures, attendees will also enjoy expert speaker presentations, hands on workshops, a product and service marketplace, food, drink, and more.

Starts
    06-21-2019 12:00 PM
    Ends
    06-23-2019 06:00 PM

Female Roommate needed - I'm Flying into Denver, Colorado for the "Colorado Tiny House Festival" from June 21st thru 23rd, to do some research for my future Tiny Home. I'm looking for a female roommate to bring down the cost for either a Hotel Room or a room at a AIRBNB. If interested please let me know.

Comment

EPIC! If I can get a ride to this I am there. I live in Colorado Springs Area. So if I have a car, or I can borrow one, or I can get a ride...I AM THERE! I would love to connect with some Tiny Lifers IRL. I'm on the search for some great ideas in innovation that I can borrow to complete my temporary paradise. I don't think I'd live Tiny forever, but I love the exercise of living in a small space to learn how I can minimize my life. I think going to an even in person is way better than just looking at pictures of Tiny Homes online. Plus, you can really get a sense of a space when you stand in it. You can just feel it more, you know?

So if anyone from the Springs area wants to go, hit me up! I can contribute to gas, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Saintmason View Post
        EPIC! If I can get a ride to this I am there. I live in Colorado Springs Area. So if I have a car, or I can borrow one, or I can get a ride...I AM THERE! I would love to connect with some Tiny Lifers IRL. I'm on the search for some great ideas in innovation that I can borrow to complete my temporary paradise. I don't think I'd live Tiny forever, but I love the exercise of living in a small space to learn how I can minimize my life. I think going to an even in person is way better than just looking at pictures of Tiny Homes online. Plus, you can really get a sense of a space when you stand in it. You can just feel it more, you know?

So if anyone from the Springs area wants to go, hit me up! I can contribute to gas, thanks!
        Looks like you're in luck even if you can't make it up to the "Colorado Tiny House Festival" in Brighton next month as the "Poeple's Tiny House Festival" is right in your neck of the woods the first weekend in August. I've seen from your posts on the forum that you have an interest in van conversions and they'll have campervan builders and DIYers at this event so it may be an even better event for you based on your personal interests. That being said, they'll also have van and RV conversions at the "Colorado Tiny House Festival" and it's a much larger event than the "Poeple's Tiny House Festival".

If there's any way you can make it up to Brighton I would highly recommend it since it is such a large show and there'll be so much to see and learn there. Oh and if you're looking for a way to save a few bucks I'm not sure if you noticed in this post that Tressa is looking for a roommate for the "Colorado Tiny House Festival". I'd suggest sending her a private message, perhaps the two of you can connect and work something out. That's one of the great aspects of having a community like this where you can connect with others in your same situation.

Comment

Chuck That's a great Idea. I'm looking to do the workshop for the Bus Conversion. I imagine converting a bus isn't so different anyway, but yes, maybe I'll go to both! We'll see...I don't think my employer will be to happy about it haha! But I for sure will go to at least one, probably the CTHF because it has that workshop which seems absolutely amazing! Thanks again Chuck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saintmason View Post
            Chuck That's a great Idea. I'm looking to do the workshop for the Bus Conversion. I imagine converting a bus isn't so different anyway, but yes, maybe I'll go to both! We'll see...I don't think my employer will be to happy about it haha! But I for sure will go to at least one, probably the CTHF because it has that workshop which seems absolutely amazing! Thanks again Chuck!!!
            No problem at all. I'm glad you'll have the opportunity to attend the Colorado Tiny House Festival later this month. I'm sure you'll learn a lot at the bus conversion workshop that will help to further your dream of living tiny in a converted van. Aside from the workshop, you'll get tons of ideas from touring all the various types of tiny houses that will be on display.

Based on experience attending these shows everything tends to meld together in your mind after the event so I highly recommend taking a lot of photos, especially when you see something that inspires you that you may want to incorporate into your own tiny plan. That way you'll have the photos for future reference when you get down to business and start converting a van for yourself. Plus you could always share your photos here in this thread for everyone who is unable to attend this event.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post

No problem at all. I'm glad you'll have the opportunity to attend the Colorado Tiny House Festival later this month. I'm sure you'll learn a lot at the bus conversion workshop that will help to further your dream of living tiny in a converted van. Aside from the workshop, you'll get tons of ideas from touring all the various types of tiny houses that will be on display.

Based on experience attending these shows everything tends to meld together in your mind after the event so I highly recommend taking a lot of photos, especially when you see something that inspires you that you may want to incorporate into your own tiny plan. That way you'll have the photos for future reference when you get down to business and start converting a van for yourself. Plus you could always share your photos here in this thread for everyone who is unable to attend this event.
              Great ideas Chuck! Thank you so much! It is such an honor to win this prize and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to do so. I would like to confirm that I have received the payment!!! Wahoooo!!! Thanks to everyone on the forum. Thanks again to you Chuck...Now I just need to figure out a ride and somewhere to stay for the festival and I'm good to go!!

Comment

I had a great time at the 2019 Colorado Tiny House Festival this past weekend meeting with different tiny house builders and other industry experts. I come away with so much more knowledge after every one of these events I attend. If there's one in your local area I highly recommend you go, or travel to one especially if you're even considering building a tiny house, or having one built for you. You can view the rest of the events for the year by date from our Calendar or by visiting the Tiny House Events Calendar sub forum if you're looking for more detailed event information.

There were so many different types of tiny houses, including tipis (or tepees if you prefer), yurts, gypsy wagons, van conversions, schoolies, container houses, tiny houses on wheels and more at this festival. I wanted to share some of the photos I took at the event. Unfortunately, they're all exterior shots. There were so many people touring the houses that it was impossible to get any usable interior shots due to the number of people inside each of the houses when you'd tour them. However, that's a good thing because with that kind of turnout it just demonstrates the tiny house movement is really making progress toward becoming more mainstream! I hope you enjoy the photos. If you attended the festival and took some photos please feel free to add them here:

Click image for larger version  Name:	01_4895_res (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	2230

Click image for larger version  Name:	02_4902_res (2).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.67 MB ID:	2231

Click image for larger version  Name:	03_4907_res (3).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	2232

Click image for larger version  Name:	04_4914_res (4).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	2233

Click image for larger version  Name:	05_4925_res (5).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.48 MB ID:	2234

Click image for larger version  Name:	06_4934_res (6).jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	2235

Click image for larger version  Name:	07_5025_res (7).jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	2236

Click image for larger version  Name:	08_5029_res (8).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	2237

Click image for larger version  Name:	09_5012_res (9).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.48 MB ID:	2238

Click image for larger version  Name:	10_4995_res (10).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	2239

Click image for larger version  Name:	11_4980_res (11).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.75 MB ID:	2240

Click image for larger version  Name:	12_4986_res (12).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	2241

Click image for larger version  Name:	13_5017_res (13).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	2242

Click image for larger version  Name:	14_5034_res (14).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.54 MB ID:	2243

Click image for larger version  Name:	15_5040_res (15).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	2244

Click image for larger version  Name:	16_5071_res (16).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	2245

Click image for larger version  Name:	17_5076_res (17).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.55 MB ID:	2246

Click image for larger version  Name:	18_5083_res (18).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.24 MB ID:	2247

Click image for larger version  Name:	19_5046_res (19).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.81 MB ID:	2248

Click image for larger version  Name:	20_5107_res (20).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	2249

Click image for larger version  Name:	21_4970_res (21).jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	2250

Click image for larger version  Name:	22_5047_res (22).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	2251

Click image for larger version  Name:	23_4951_res (23).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.89 MB ID:	2252

Click image for larger version  Name:	24_5117_res (24).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.59 MB ID:	2253

Click image for larger version  Name:	25_5111_res (25).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	2254

Click image for larger version  Name:	26_4942_res (26).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.59 MB ID:	2255

Click image for larger version  Name:	27_4945_res (27).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	2256

Click image for larger version  Name:	28_4958_res (28).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	2257

Click image for larger version  Name:	29_5009_res (29).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.67 MB ID:	2258

Click image for larger version  Name:	30_4976_res (30).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.79 MB ID:	2259

Click image for larger version  Name:	31_5086_res (31).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	2260

Click image for larger version  Name:	32_5077_res (32).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	2261

Click image for larger version  Name:	33_5094_res (33).jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	2262

Click image for larger version  Name:	34_5088_res (34).jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	2263

Click image for larger version  Name:	35_5066_res (35).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	2264

Click image for larger version  Name:	36_5052_res (36).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	2265

Click image for larger version  Name:	37_5055_res (37).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	2266

Comment

Great photos Chuck! I came down to the festival from Wyoming. It was only about an hour and a half drive from where I live and well worth it. You're right, there were a lot of people there and it would have been difficult to get any quality interior photos with all those people crowded into all the houses but like you said that's a good thing for all of us tiny house folks. By the way, I think I may have seen you there? Were you the guy with a buzz cut wearing a Tiny House Forum shirt? If that was you I should have introduced myself but I didn't know if it was you or just some guy wearing a Tiny House Forum shirt.

Comment

What fun !

Comment

Oh! How magical! I'm over the top because they actually had some hard-side Vardo Wagons there! (sigh).... wish I could have gone.....

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post
                        Great photos Chuck! I came down to the festival from Wyoming. It was only about an hour and a half drive from where I live and well worth it. You're right, there were a lot of people there and it would have been difficult to get any quality interior photos with all those people crowded into all the houses but like you said that's a good thing for all of us tiny house folks. By the way, I think I may have seen you there? Were you the guy with a buzz cut wearing a Tiny House Forum shirt? If that was you I should have introduced myself but I didn't know if it was you or just some guy wearing a Tiny House Forum shirt.
                        Glad you enjoyed the photos. And yes, that was me with the buzz cut wearing a Tiny House Forum shirt. I wish you would have said hello, I really enjoy meeting people from the forum. I actually had the pleasure of meeting three members of the forum at this event. It was great to have a chance to meet in person and get to know each of them a little better. The tiny house movement is all about community!

Comment

Great pictures Chuck. It gives folks who haven't been or can't decide if it's worth the money and effort a taste of what it's like. They had a really good variety of homes. Very cool. I wish there had been festivals like this around when we were trying to decide what to make.
                          Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by blondeambition3 View Post
                            Oh! How magical! I'm over the top because they actually had some hard-side Vardo Wagons there! (sigh).... wish I could have gone.....
                            It was "magical". They had the four Gypsy/Vardo Wagons seen in the photos I took and all four of them were extremely cool inside. I personally like a larger tiny house on wheels but there's something about those wagons that seem very appealing as well.

Comment

I’ve been to several shows now and this was by far the largest I’ve visited. It really opens your eyes as to how many options are out there to choose from. I also think it’s really cool so many private tiny house owners were there to open their doors to everyone that attended the festival. It made me realize how awesome the tiny house community is. It’s like everyone wants to help in anyway possible.

Some of the bus conversions were crazy and so big! I’d never seen buses that big. And I love the gypsy wagons. They are so cozy and have so much character.

The 4th photo down has my favorite little outdoor area. The rooftop deck. What a cool idea.

Overall this show was the best I’ve attended. The builders were so helpful and willing to answer all my questions and even bystanders that were living the tiny house life would chime in and give me helpful information.

I’m glad you got so many great pics Chuck!

Comment

Working...
                              X