Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm working on the design of a DIY modular Tiny house for the novice home builder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm working on the design of a DIY modular Tiny house for the novice home builder.

Hi Folks,

This is my first time posting of a new topic so, a little intro...I'm an Architect living on the Central Coast of California. I have been in the Building industry for more than 50 years and over that time I've lived and worked all over the country; mountains, desert, and now, by the sea. Consequently, I've picked up a trick or two along the way and I'm hoping to incorporate that experience into a comprehensive set of plans, 3d models, and complete specifications for a state-of-art modular based Small Home that are easy to understand and easy to build. I'll post a more complete description of the project in the near future. I will now try to attach one of my computer renderings for your viewing pleasure.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Domus14.jpg Views:	1 Size:	658.0 KB ID:	2019

Click image for larger version  Name:	domus-53.jpg Views:	0 Size:	467.7 KB ID:	2021

Originally posted by jcp architect View Post
    Hi Folks,

This is my first time posting of a new topic so, a little intro...I'm an Architect living on the Central Coast of California. I have been in the Building industry for more than 50 years and over that time I've lived and worked all over the country; mountains, desert, and now, by the sea. Consequently, I've picked up a trick or two along the way and I'm hoping to incorporate that experience into a comprehensive set of plans, 3d models, and complete specifications for a state-of-art modular based Small Home that are easy to understand and easy to build. I'll post a more complete description of the project in the near future. I will now try to attach one of my computer renderings for your viewing pleasure.

Click image for larger version Name:	Domus14.jpg Views:	1 Size:	658.0 KB ID:	2019

Click image for larger version Name:	domus-53.jpg Views:	0 Size:	467.7 KB ID:	2021
    It looks absolutely beautiful! ❤️

Comment

I would totally live there! I like that you incorporated solar power into your design, and the wraparound deck is fantastic.

Comment

Here's a quick little animation showing the construction of the GEOpod. I will be making a lot of these to illustrate the building details.

Comment

Thank you for the comments, I'm looking forward to showing more Design development images and animations to show you guys what I'm working on. Here's a few more:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Domus13.jpg Views:	0 Size:	280.2 KB ID:	2281

Click image for larger version  Name:	DOMUS Mdl 030816-island-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	637.6 KB ID:	2282

Click image for larger version  Name:	Elevation Floor Plan3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	750.7 KB ID:	2284

Comment

JCP,
            What a beautiful and well thought out design! The location is sweet too! You can tell when looking at this build, that the builder has a lot of experience with carpentry. Was it tricky building so close to the edge?

Comment

Nanci,
              thank you for the kind words. I Have put a lot of thought into the design. But, I must tell you that this is still a "Blue Sky" project. Nothing has been built yet. I'm STILL (years) in the design phase. The on-site images are computer renderings that I created to illustrate the potential variations of the home in some beautiful locations. Pure Propaganda at this time.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Geo Pod-3.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	2366

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DOMUS Mdl 060315-07.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	650.8 KB
ID:	2486

Comment

Wow, this is one of my favorites beautiful small home. I love it and I have many questions. I was able to see that the photos were designed as an Off-Grid. I'd like to change the on-grid with a formal home. (1) How long will it take construction time? and how about the cost? (2) Can I have a customized house? For example, Can I add 2 bedrooms on the 2nd floor?

Comment

Originally posted by jcp architect View Post

Here's a quick little animation showing the construction of the GEOpod. I will be making a lot of these to illustrate the building details.
                      Hi JCP
                      It looks amazing! You mentioned the concept is easy to understand and easy to build but did not mention the cost.
                      Also if it would be modular, how could you ship it to places other than the west coast and still be cost effective?

Comment

Hi JCP,

Wanted to share a company that builds round houses with you. They are Deltec, located in North Carolina, build their homes in their factory in a panel system that has insulation, windows, electric, and other systems installed in factory. Their panels are 8 feet wide and their homes can be one story, two or three. Friend's of ours built their retirement home with a 1-1/2 story, 25 foot diameter Deltec here in Southern California about 10 years ago, are off grid, and it's an amazing house.

When we were thinking about building a large house, we went to North Carolina for the factory tour and we were very impressed and were in process of buying one (approx. 2,500 sq ft) when life intervened and our plans changed. I think you would be impressed with them as your design is similar.

We are now going small/tiny with a yurt from Smiling Wooden Yurts because we still want to live round.

Comment

Working...
                        X