Anyone in central - Eastern PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in central - Eastern PA

Welcome Dave, nice to have you here! I hope you'll be able to make some connections locally via this forum.

Comment

Hi Dave. I am in the planning/researching stage. I have a few years before retirement. I decided I want to live in the Eastern PA area. I grew up in PA and love the state. My only son will more than likely be living in the NYC area as he moves on from higher ed. and I want to be near him. I know the northern part of Eastern PA is more affordable to buy property than anything in NJ. Have you visited the tiny house village outside of Lancaster, PA? Tiny House Estates?
      Glad to meet you. Barbara Bullock

Comment

Hi Barbara, thanks for the reply. Yes, we have visited Tiny Estates, we stayed there 2x over 2 long 3 day & night weekends. We stayed in 3 different homes there, The Chairman, the Low Country, and the Prairy Meadow I think it was called. Our favorite was the Chairman. We liked it because it's 10' wide Vs the norm of 8.5' wide. The additional 1.5' makes a big difference in the openness feeling. We both feel we could live there, but we aren't ready and they don't have any spaces available.

If you could find a place to Park a Tiny I would imagine Northeast PA & Central PA west of Harrisburg would be cheaper places to live. I grew up in NE PA in Frackville PA and that is a cheaper place to live because there are little employment opportunities there.

Do you plan on buying or building. I'd like to build to save the cost, but I have little experience and some physical chronic pain issues. I'd suggest checking out Liberation Tiny homes based in Leola PA. They are a high quality builder using Amish & Mennonite craftsmen. I'd also suggest visiting the PA Tiny Expo November 3-4th at the PA Convention Center Oaks, PA a Philly Suburb.

Keep in touch,

Dave & Laurie

Comment

Hi. Thanks Dave & Laurie. I sent a message to the CEO of Tiny Estates, asking if she is planning on building any parks in NE PA. Waiting to hear back. I am planning on buying, but may not be affordable with what I want. I don't have a huge network of people who could lend expertise, but can focus on that more to make it possible. I have an idea of what I want. I live in Buffalo currently. At the end of October, I am driving to Vermont for the Vermont Tiny House festival and am looking forward to meeting folks and making connections. That's great that you have tested some out. I would love to stay in touch. Take care. Barbara Bullock

Comment

Working...
          X